Sunday, July 27, 2014

2nd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon


My "Deal Me In Lite" challenge is going so well that, what the hey, let's throw another short (short-ish) challenge/readathon in there, just for fun!


The 2nd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon (signups here) is being hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat and Reanna at Phantasmic Reads, and runs from August 11 to September 1.  I'm a little nervous about launching out on a readathon during this time, because it's traditionally an uber-busy time of year for me, what with school starting back up and things like that.  Luckily, the rules are very simple: set your own goals for the three-week period, and READ.  I can do that, although I don't know what my actual goals will be yet.  Whatever they are, you can rest assured that they will be modest.

I'll keep this post updated with what I choose for the readathon, plus my progress.  Stay tuned!

UPDATE:
I received the following book for my 50th birthday, and it looks like just the thing to breeze through as part of this readathon: 50 Things To Do When You Turn 50, edited by Ronnie Sellers.


I also think I will be tackling Summer's Lease by John Mortimer.  It's been on my TBR list forever, so it's high time I read it, plus... Summer!


UPDATE (August 30, 2014):
I have now finished this readathon -- my wrapup post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment