Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-thon: "Show It Off" Mini Challenge

OK, this one spoke to me so I am participating.  One of the Mini Challenges for this current timeframe is Show It Off!  The idea is to show off a book from one's shelves that one is proud of, or it's the book(s) that one would grab in case of a fire.  I don't know about any of that, but my entry is this:


It's a 4-volume set of The Count of Monte Cristo, published in 1900, that I picked up for a relative song in an antiquarian bookshop back when I lived in Nashville.  I would reckon I've had this set for 25 years or maybe a little more.  It's in good shape and even though I have thought several times about getting rid of it, I just can't.  Plus, I have actually read this edition -- it's not just taking up space on my shelf, looking pretty.  I have several signed editions of books that I also treasure, but for some reason this set has a special place on my bookshelves and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment